When deleting vacation players, turn theirs planets to destroyed planets.

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When deleting vacation players, turn theirs planets to destroyed planets.

As the title says, my suggestion is that when players in vacation mode is deleted, his planets would be turned into destroyed planets, instead of just deleting the planets with account. The destroyed planet would have everything that was on them, e.g. resources, fleet, defense. I believe that this could be good as sometimes deleted vacation players have lots of fleet or resources on their planets. This would allow other players to gain profit on e.g. destroying fleet or farming their resources.
    • Imagine someone sets a top 1 fleet account in the Uni for manual deletion, and 7 days later, the described thing happens... well, you get the point. :)

To utilize something like that, the game must be able to differ intended deletions from the ones done after the reaching of 36 inactivity days, and even in that shape, the idea is more than likely to produce undesirable pushing effects by its essence.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• Smoke Nightvogue wrote:

Imagine someone sets a top 1 fleet account in the Uni for manual deletion, and 7 days later, the described thing happens... well, you get the point.
      I do not get the point that you are trying to make, but if you could expand on this I would be happy to understand your views on this

Smoke Nightvogue wrote:

To utilize something like that, the game must be able to differ intended deletions from the ones done after the reaching of 36 inactivity days, and even in that shape, the idea is more than likely to produce undesirable pushing effects by its essence.
      My initial idea was to do it only to planet deleted from v-mode, which can not be raided before deletion. I know times where v-mode players have set their account to delete and went to v-mode so their fleet or resources can not be raided. Also I do not really see how this idea would produce pushing effects, but again if you would expand on this I would be happy to understand your point.
      As it says in the game when you try to enable v-mode:

Vacation mode is designed to protect you during long absences from the game.
      [...]
      Once vacation mode is activated, it will protect you from new attacks.
      However I know people who set their account to be deleted together with v-mode, so they can not be raided before deletion.
      When I created this post I was mostly thinking of planets which can not be raided because of v-mode protection.
    • vakus wrote:

I do not get the point that you are trying to make, but if you could expand on this I would be happy to understand your views on this
      I think he want to say that when someone set his account to deletion, it is because want to be sure that nobody will receive push from his resource/debris ........... so first step should be that manual deletion of account don't give possibility to attack nothing.

And probably also who set v-mode and then his account is deleted by inactiving period will not like to know that someone is pushed by his resource/debris.

• okay I see your point, and I understand that players do not want to be attacked when they enter V-Mode, so his or her account is not becoming farm to other players. After I read again my initial post, I have realized that I have missed out one thing - that this should be applied to accounts that are deleted automatically from inactivity, not when someone ticks 'delete account' in options.

It is because the V-Mode should protect from long time absence, and when user's account is deleted the user is no longer able to come back to his or her account, so I believe that there is no more need to protect those resources.

I also understand that players do not want to push other players by their resources and debris, but so does the players that did not set their account to v-mode and delete, and become farm anyway. In fact I did not heard about much players that like the idea of their account being associated with being farm. This is why those planets rather than staying with the users nickname would become Destroyed Planets belonging to space. Since those planets no longer really belongs to the player, I believe that the players wouldn't have so much problems with this, as their nickname is no longer associated with farm.

Another thing is that the old players that keep playing would be very likely happy to gain some more profit, but I guess that this is obvious.
    • Don't you think that this feature would give an unfair advantage for some categories of players?
      It's true that averyone can chack daily the canges of inactivity status from the galaxy, but who has the inactive player as allied or in buddylist will know exactly the day of the deletion without work, so that he has all the needed time to eventually move near the "target".
      More, he probably has some way (external to the game) to contact his friend/allied to know where to go for his fleet and the owner of the inactive account would be surely more happy to give those res to him rather than an enemy. So some players (also considering tht the techs for destroyed planets goes to 0) will have a super easy way to get an unfair boost.
      #6 Retro server - Fra [N O X]
      #5 Andromeda.us - Fra.. [Dynamic]
    • Canarefr wrote:

but who has the inactive player as allied or in buddylist will know exactly the day of the deletion without work, so that he has all the needed time to eventually move near the "target".
      More, he probably has some way (external to the game) to contact his friend/allied to know where to go for his fleet and the owner of the inactive account would be surely more happy to give those res to him rather than an enemy.
      I see what you mean but the same advantage can have player before the other one enter V-Mode, for example player A may say to player B that he will no longer play, so the player A can now scrap his fleet, then player B will go to V-Mode.

Canarefr wrote:

So some players (also considering tht the techs for destroyed planets goes to 0) will have a super easy way to get an unfair boost.
      I agree, but also please do not forget that the point of this idea is about giving advantage to other players that are active.

The entire point of this idea is to give advantage to players, whatever the players are advanced or new players. I believe that the idea would be really good for new players. I believe that this could also affect the number of people playing ogame. New players like easy targets, and this may make them stay for longer.

EDIT: It may give advantage to players mates, but honestly I do not believe that every single player has in-game ally or friend
    • The thing you're suggesting basically resembles "a uni full of inactives", just fuller than it now is: of course the starters will be happy to observe more targets they can send their SCs everyday to with the minimal effort, but what else despite that and the overall reduction of available colonizable space for the rest of active players does it give? :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• well, the planets would behave like Destroyed Planets that are already implemented in the game, after the planet is abandoned. It would be deleted after two days the same way as current Destroyed Planets work, so while it would reduce planetary space for another two days, it could also come with profit of whatever was in the account, for example big fleets or number of resources.
    • I'm not sure Destroyed Planets were ever intended to be utilized in that way, additionally, the possibility to do so spawns a lot of problems which should be given a fix in my strong belief. What also needs to be accounted is that even if one raids inactives with keen persistence, there still are days when about 70% of targets are not given a visit since the activity itself is somewhat tiring and there's not any significant lack of farming spots.

If the goal of your suggestion is to aid the starters and not distribute chunks of what could be considered Galaxy cluttering with a slice of pushing snapped off from the accounts of other players, I'd suggest looking into the option of amplifying the basic income generated by mines on promoted accounts, so that further and at the same time substantial gains will be produced in-house, while the players will have a natural opportunity to decide how to spend it all along the way. :) Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• Well the initial idea was more inspired by gaining profit on universes with low number of players like Bermuda where there is about 500 players, which include active, non active and V-Mode accounts. While there is some decent farms from resources, it hurts me when I see players with few thousands ships in vacation mode being deleted, especially for fleeters in such universes there is little of fleets to be trashed