Protection against planet destruction

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any explanation of why the thread was removed? Whatever the reason is, I think this is not a good way to treat the community. At least a comment on why it was removed / closed would be more than welcome.

Personally, I think the negative answer from JoKy did not even think of the proposal, which took care of each and every one of his points. So the proposal could be at least left open. It might not be implemented ever (or at least in the next months), but unless it's proven a bad suggestion, I see no problem with it being left here. And I'm open to discuss :)
    • From how I understood it, the main reason could be that I've provided a rather detailed scheme on how proficient account hijacking attempts are carried out in my reply. However, it did not contain any specific information, and therefore was absolutely harmless for the project and beneficent for the readers in terms more of them could have acquired a better understanding on how it can also be made, besides the ordinary way of sharing an account's password with a sitter.

From what was written, it appeared obvious enough that suggestions like this contain a strong security sense, along with the ability for lead community admins to possess the tools to revert planetary deletions which occurred within the span of 2 days (could be prolonged to 3 later on), in other words, having the capability to re-attribute objects belonging to technical account "Space" back to their original owners. The corresponding suggestion is also available here.

As for the idea of planetary locks, these shouldn't be automatically put into effect once the players acquire a planet, this is not the process of how they're supposed to secure them. The actual layout is expected to contain a Lock Icon similar in size to the one used for browsing the list of items which can be activated on a planet (which is slightly left from activated boosters), with the exception that clicking it will bring up a dialogue explaining how planetary locks work, stating that they protect the colonies and associated moons from deletion the entire time while they're activated and 7 (or perhaps 14) days past their removal, which should also be visible when triggered via the corresponding timer. The icon itself should be placed below the option to Abandon/Rename the planet and is absolutely optional in terms of its initial activation. :)

It might also be helpful to set Space's account combat techs to 22/22/22 instead of the current 0/0/0 to avoid intentional pushes through Moon deletions or simply extremely-profitable battles in situations where a player decides to take out a fleet which dwelt on erased Moon of compromised account. Alternatively they can just be retained at the original level, or also, the technical account to which Destroyed Planets are attributed could be changed to the one which permanently resides in Vacation Mode.

The post was edited 14 times, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().