Intergalactic Research Network Improvement

• Research

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Intergalactic Research Network Improvement

Hi!

I'm suggesting an improvement of Intergalactic Research Network because, in my opinion, the time needed to complete a research is too much in comparison to a building by using the same amount of resources.

Let's take an example:
      Astrophysics lvl 21 , total cost 290kk met, 580kk cry, 290kk deu
      Metal mine lvl 42, total cost 995kk met, 248kk cry
      with IRN level 7 and 96 total research lab levels, 12 on each planet, and robotics lvl 10 and nanite factory lvl 6 ( approximately the same amount of resources)
      the result, in a single speed server, is:
      374d 01:48:41 for Astrophysics
      against
      29d 10:47:22 for Metal mine lvl 42

I can imagine that the process of researching something new is harder (in terms of time) than digging deeper a mine, however the result seems too biased for me.
      Actually the research time formula is :

My suggestion is to add a 1.2^IRNlvl factor to the denominator (in building time forumula the factor is 2^Nanitelvl), so the formula will become:

By using the above formula the time to complete Astrophysics lvl 21 will become 124 days (more reasonable).
      Below I post a comparison between Nanite Factory reducing factor and IRN reducing fator as a function of their levels

Note that the factor 1.2 it is a choice made to give a real improvement, but, at the same time, to not interfer with game mechanics (there is only to add a factor in research formula) and, probably, with GF earnings ( high levels astrophysics completion time still be a lot of days).
      However, we can discuss about that factor.