You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to OGame.Origin. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 5:42am

honor points

someone explain because i don't get something

I just had a friend attacked he had no ships just a little defense and let the attacker know he would get next to no resources. the attacker let the attack go lost 1 cargo got less resources on the attack then he lost. so all he really did was defense bash. yes the attacker won. his reply with reason for bashing was to get the honor points.

something sounds wrong with this. will this mean that there is Honor in defense bashing as long as rank is close?

are is it that the honor points is not working right and needs more thought

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 9:30am

They call it a "new feature"!! People attacking not to raid resources but to get hp!!! Sick enough imho but that's the new brilliant (and honourable) path for the next ogamers generation!!! Be stupid like a donkey and believe to fly high like an eagle.

I only wonder what they use those hp for, since they say it's to have better targets but better _UNPROFITABLE_ targets are no sense, and loosing the real source of profit, which are noobs and farm in general is just another nonsense.

So, it's a new feature mate :dash:

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 9:43am

Did that a couple times to see whether I'd start to get 75% from inactives / non-hp targets with a positive ranking. That'd be a huge boost to my income....but nope, the bonus only applies to (hp) targets, so I've gone back to being a bandit quick.

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 11:18am

Aouueu yuo are bandit now, right. Can u ACS attack or defend, coz i cant. i think its one of dissadvantages of being a bandit or just a bug

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 11:21am

Aouueu yuo are bandit now, right. Can u ACS attack or defend, coz i cant. i think its one of dissadvantages of being a bandit or just a bug

you cannot ACS attack a noob protected target, you cannon defend a person that appears noob protected to you
sucks, right :D can't help most of my allies even when opportunity is there :whistling:
but bandit has nothing to do with it

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 11:50am

cant do nothing, thats the problem. not only noobs protected but also hp players
prob just a glitch, will pass i hope

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 6:00pm

what can't acs defend your alliance mates. WOW you should always be able to defend your alliance mates That's part of the reason for an alliance PROTECTION right.

If this is true then it is more broke then i thought.

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 4:38pm

You cannot acs defend players in newb protection to you, because otherwise could and would make fleetsaving too easy.
Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 10:11pm

that part has always been true about not being able to protect someone that is noob protection to you. i though he was saying something about honor points preventing him from acs defending.
but still at some point i could see it being a problem if players can be in and out of noob protection depending on point deliverance and not on a set amount of points. besides at some point you would have moons and lanx and who would be stupid enough to fleetsave that way then

Hunter0293

Hunted By The Hunter

• "Hunter0293" is male

Community:

Monday, November 7th 2011, 4:30am

that part has always been true about not being able to protect someone that is noob protection to you. i though he was saying something about honor points preventing him from acs defending.
but still at some point i could see it being a problem if players can be in and out of noob protection depending on point deliverance and not on a set amount of points. besides at some point you would have moons and lanx and who would be stupid enough to fleetsave that way then
You would be surprised...

Honor points are here to help keep the game fair(er) for all. I personally think that they are a nice added touch even if people try to farm them :P

< -- OGame Orgin Supporter -- >

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 6:32pm

Honour points suck ass and i mean badly

for exampkle i have raided alot of players who have fux res capacity which man inactive in next 2-3 days

i attack and im low rank myself and im getting negative honour points on every battle
all the honourable battles are unprofitable

this says to me ogame is a crap game its gone poo this whole new system is going to ruin it esp when fleets are excapeing me all the time
i am not gnna ttack a higher rank because he has always got 10 guass cannons and its pointless to lose my fleet for a green number when i make green all the time

i think its wrong and its sh!T it best not come to old universes

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:23pm

Is there any other disadvantage being bandit besides your fleet can't flee? AFAIK not, so if you can take care of your fleet, you don't need to care about honor point.

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 10:31am

bonjour
il n'y a aucun désavantage pour ceux qui sont "bandit" !
être honorable = pouvoir piller 75% des ressources de nos cibles ? ... wouai. ça va leurs faire mal :P
mais pour ceux qui ne sont pas honorable !? absolument aucune contrainte !! ils peuvent piller tranquillement bon leurs sembles !
des points négatif ? et alors !? ils prennent quand même les ressources.
rien ne les force a raider que ceux qui sont au même niveau qu'eux !
il faudrait un barème qui donne des avantages, et des contraintes ...
genre honneur négatif de xx points = raids bloqués pendant x jour (hors inactif) ...
enfin quelque chose du genre, car là honorable ou pas ça change rien .

... aussi pour les combat le ratio 5.1 , la def devrait être pris en compte !!
sinon aucun raid ne sera possible sauf en déshonneurs !

Hello there is no disadvantage for those who are "a bandit"!
Honorable = to be able to plunder 75 % of the resources of our targets? Wouai. That goes their to hurt:P but for those who are not honorable!? Absolutely no constraint!! They can plunder quietly well their seem!
Points negative? And then!? They take all the same the resources.
Nothing forces them has to raider that those who are for the same level as them!
One would need that a table which gives advantages, and constraints...
Kind(Genre) negative honor of xx hurt = raids(treks) blocked(surrounded) during x in the daytime (except inactive)...
Finally something of the kind(genre), because there honorable or not that changes nothing.

... So for fight the ratio 5.1, the def should be taken into account!!
Otherwise no raid(trek) will be possible safe in dishonors!

Beazly

Beginner

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 2:11pm

a thought popped in my mind and i came to see boards and what do you know the topic is the last one commented on...
honour points
i read first post only and found my dang oh! answers:
i wondered why neighbours and xgal peeps were bashing my defense and getting big hits but breaking even or making between 10-15k after losses coz i got a good bunch of heavies for defense and attackers losing 120-350k in losses average after loot, at first i thought they dumb and didn-t read spy report properly, one made 7k deut but now i see, seeing as it honourable they do it. i am on 5.5k points which shows how much effort i am NOT putting in to advance thus i have not attacke a soul but i have no profit and build defense and dens to test these things out, so far i-m not enjoying the changes. however i know of one kind of player who would thrive on this mentality.

but hey ! in war times at least you'll gain something more than just losses, hp !! yay... .. .. woo yeah.. woo.

(just scrolled down to have a peak while typing) arazor, that was hilarious LOL i assume you Arazor from .us was reading a post just yesterday from you bout colonization fs aswell as Silverwind-s additional imput, good reads i must say :)

and as if there aren-t players out there, buddies/friends/allies if you will, out there forcing honour points from arranged hp hits.. hey mate, hit me up at such and such, i-ll hit you at such and such, we-ll both get hp ... i mean seriously, sneaky is human nature am i right?
Did somebody say spaghetti toasted sandwich?

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 4:05pm

Yeah i am from .us and .org :)

I have played for a long time and i know ogame needs a change to keep them alive but this system sucks

I understand what they are trying to achieve but the honour point system is wrong, unless your at the top with a big fleet that can profit and take no damage from the defense that is there now with players who are rank 1800
I am attacking to see the system and all the players with some cargos and res fleetsave and the ones with defense is to hard to kill
and if u can kill the defense i get -50 honour points im negative 400 right now or something worse and every battle they flee except hp targets
but the hp targets are unprofitable and i dont belive in flying just for bashing reasons unless at war sooo how is a honest fleeter supposed to make alot of profit

this will amke pushing easier as the pusher will still have his fleet XD

marv

Intermediate

• "marv" is male

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 10:54pm

Does IPM-ing affect the honour points?
Life? Don't talk to me about life...

Hunter0293

Hunted By The Hunter

• "Hunter0293" is male

Community:

Friday, November 11th 2011, 12:17am

Does IPM-ing affect the honour points?
I don't think so.

< -- OGame Orgin Supporter -- >

Friday, November 11th 2011, 5:20pm

Talking from bandits side: can someone explain me how should work attacks to players much higher in hp rank (emperors or star sailors)? I thought they were not possible or at least not without becoming an "outlow" and that I should have receive a sort of alarm before sending the attack but I just saw nothing happens. Also, how should it work in acs? I thought the hp of the attackers were just summed up and the same happened to the defenders, in order to see who can join the acs (and when also). Am I wrong?

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 1:22am

For my experience, i am a emperor and i can steal 75% of the resources from a bandit.

this is amazing. i can do huge profits from bandits

you turn an outlaw only when you spy or attack a player with 10 times more points than you. has nothing to do with honour points

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 8:37am

Quoted

you turn an outlaw only when you spy or attack a player with 10 times more points than you. has nothing to do with honour points

I see, thanks for clarifying me.

As regards acs..... time will tell

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 5:05pm

As it is if honor points and noob protection go to regular unis I would not play it speed uni are not.
It is not longer a war game this way
should put a big sign up no fleeters wanted only miners

marv

Intermediate

• "marv" is male

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 9:23pm

I got attacked today. We were both honorable.
I destroyed 1 cruiser and got 10 hp.
The attacker destroyed:

ss 4
rl 54
ll 18
hl 8
gauss 1
ion 2

He got 74 hp.

Does anybody know how hp are calculated? I thought they were related to military points, but that obviously isn't the case.
Life? Don't talk to me about life...

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 10:03pm

People don't fully understand HP yet, so they do things like farming them even though at the end they waste deut or/and ships.
If you are in a position to take advantage of the HP system, then you'll have them coming to you in bundles, so you don't need to resort to bashing defenses while taking losses. To elaborate this last statement:

-HP lets you take 75% res from honored targets, who if hit also give you HP. So instead of bashing and wasting res, hit only profitable targets and when you start fleeting the HP will come to you on their own. Before that you don't have any use for them anyways (99% of the time) since you're hitting white targets for res and then yellow targets for hp, it's counterproductive even. XD

XPD541

Beginner

• "XPD541" is male

Community:

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 9:33am

I really like the honor point system on here. it highlights the type of gameplay of the users on the server and helps new players keep an eye out for trouble which may help them stay interested in the game. Plus, it gives you one more thing to try to build up which is 3/4 of the charm of the game! :)

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 11:45am

Quoted

I really like the honor point system on here. it highlights the type of gameplay of the users on the server and helps new players keep an eye out for trouble which may help them stay interested in the game

LOL a GF fanboy!! :rofl:

are you talking by experience? It has been proved by at least _many_ experienced players that the problem with HP is exactly they do quite the opposite as you said. They do NOT reflect the player "honourability" and they do NOT help newbies staying out of troubles.

So, sorry, don't mean to flame, just to say things as they are without enthusiasm nor rage.

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 1:34pm

LOL, it does not. You can easily farm them on defenses. I even got a 2% moon from people farming them and suffering losses against plasma turrets.

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 2:00pm

I like the HP system.

i dont know how to play????

maybe

dont help newbies stay out of trouble? maybe with you guys (experienced users).

with me if wasnt this system, a couple of them would have been with no fleet and no resources.

so, i think that its helping them

i dont know how to play??? i am not a experienced user???

maybe

Your problem, "experienced users", is that, you like easy things, easy profit, easy targets. You all are the plague of ogame, bash "noobs" all day, every day, until they are inactive

But i am a GF fanboy, and an unexperienced user and i dont know how to play

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 2:31pm

I am a miner on this server, (well, bite me, I know you hate them. :P ) and yes, that auto fleet save and the enhanced noob protection range will save quite some newbies for now.

For example, if in the next upgrade bandits get 50% (not sure if always or only when they're defender) of their fleet in debris and you chose to wipe your 30k honor points because you get more debris back from your own fleet in fleet crashes, then some people's defenses will bleed. This is what I dislike most about the new system.

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 2:37pm

EDIT: double post :(

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 2:42pm

Where you have big profit with noobs?

most of them dont have a chance do build a big fleet. everyday the same attacks, the same farms.

i think that they shouldnt be protected if they build a fleet of more than 6 k points.

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 2:50pm

Quoted

you like easy things, easy profit, easy targets

That's incorrect. What we like is lot of targets, and big profits. I'd rather be playing in an old\dead universe with 300 players than in a new universe where outside of top200 people are protected for a year, if that makes sense to you.

As in, give me a universe where everyone in top2k is a pro and it'll be most fun universe for me, ever.

I like universes where you can achieve great growth rate based on your skill level. Over here the cap is pretty low for everyone. I'm making ~10-12kk tops per day right now, would be some extra 3kk per day with working expeditions; but with old protection system it'd be 20kk a day at this point. However, an average player(that makes ~8kk\day here), would still be making 10-12kk per day even with old protection; the current situation lowers the difference between the good and the average. It still exists, but it's couple time times less of a difference. Makes it less fun to play.

I can't find any way period to reliably make those 20kk/day on a monthly basis(so no lucky hit week when you kill everyone you usually miss, happens sometimes, etc). There's mine growth, inactive growth; deut trating growth; could bring back expo growth; farm growth has been severely reduced; and headhunting was reduced even more, since there's no "no loss" crashes any more and less fleets in general.

This slows down gameplay, period. Do you know what happens when gameplay is slowed? Let me tell you.
It doesn't happen here because it's test universe, but here's what would happen in a live one: one guy would find 10 support accounts that would sell him cheap deut/metal for crys, trade it to merchant and have double growth because of that. It's an ugly way to play that, with old protection, was worse than being very active and making large profits with fleets. I'm 100% sure it isn't the case anymore. If everyone is capped at ~12-5kk (expo's, inactives or farming, small fleets or big hits once in a while + mines) growth at 300k points in x2 universe, some extra 5kk/day from ~10 average deut supporters will be the dominating factor easily. Instead of having a nice old extra ~10+ kk/day from fleet alone at this point.
The top level competition in real universe will become a race of who gets more cheap deut up to 1kk points, and everyone without that will be out of the fight, with slim chances of coming back half a year later, when there's plenty targets and it's skill that matters.

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 3:20pm

Aoueu, i like your way of thinking, only statistics and more things that change from universe to universe. its relative (i dont know the expression in english)

I dont have nothing against miners, only against players who are fleeters and change their way to play to miner.

I am a miner in almost every universe that i play and i am a fleeter year ?( . Because the point of a test server (especially with this new attack system) is test attacks, not test mines to prove to all the fleeters that mines are better, because there are lots of inactives, and all the resources is converted in mines.

in an normal uni there are so many inactives at the same time???? i dont think. so, your way of evolution is wrong because it wont work in a real uni, because there arent so many inactives.

but i dont have reason, because miners are winning the fight against me, i have no chance against top 15 economy ranking for now. You (aoueu, and smoczek) are farther and further from me, and maddog, id17 and others are aproaching from behind. so when i complete an objective, and make 250 destroyers i wont do anything other than mines

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 3:29pm

Well, even in old protection it was usually a case of not going over 30-35% of account in fleet until about 1.2kk points. That's because 30% of account from top3 player would be enough to crash 99% targets solo, and the rest 1% would be ACS targets(and most of them would be good, hard to reach players anyway so investing a lot into rare chance of crashing them wouldn't be very reliable...or profitable)

At this point, there'd be less inactives than in this universe, but not by far. Currently I'm only using a list of best inactives from a range of 3 planets only, and I have 8. Although these 3 planets are where best inactives are located, I could double-triple the target list by utilizing all planets if I wanted to (and I did not have two more uni's to care about besides this one). So there'd be enough to fill 10-12 slots, with 3 taken by expo's. All the bugged inactives from backup are gone by now, so we're left with just about ~20%(rough estimate) increase of inactives compared to usual, because people are quitting faster.

Problem is, in a real universe and based on my national server, there'd be 2 times less players than _even now, after everyone left_...last time I played, before 5k points barrier I could only target top80 there. Period. And with new settings it'd carry over for few months longer, untill 1:10 ratio, which would barely raise the bar to top300. Ah yeah, this example is from the relatively-popular x2 speed uni that opened April 2011.
Hell, I have 3.5kk points over there at the moment, and I would only be able to target top300 in a 1:10 ratio. Luckily top300 is manageble when you have 9 gates, but I look at how much profit I make every day from people below top300 in that uni, and it saddens me imagining it dissapear it the next universe with protection.

So...inactives all the way for half a year even in a real uni, up to ~1kk, and moderate fleet usage up to 5kk points...for me, at least. :(

I'm not flying in this test universe because I've tried it for a week, and it sucked. Still have some 100 BC's\cruisers\rec's lying over from week-after-x8 :D Saw the profits go down, changed my ways :(

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 3:41pm

Ok aoueu. I understand you

We only have to hope that gameforge go back in some of their new rules and find a middle term. Ogame is bad with this new rules but it wasnt good enough with the old rules.

Aoueu, you just remind me one important thing. I am grateful for that. i wont say what because i would look a big noob.

i wont talk more here for now